The Yin Yang principle is “the” preeminent ancient Chinese secret offering explanation to everything that exists, changes or moves. Its origin comes from observing the very essence of the Universe – from darkness there is light. Yin Yang embodies duality or an opposite nature with Yin tending toward passive, dark, feminine, downward seeking and Yang tending toward active, light, masculine, upward seeking.
Because we can see dark and we can see light they appear separate yet they are connected. Everything in life has this same connective quality. However, notice your tendency to identify Yin and Yang as separate and to judge which one you relate to or prefer over the other. This same human tendency prevents us from accessing the power of the principle. So to access the power of Yin Yang we must embrace both Yin and Yang and observe without judgment.
There is also a cyclical nature to Yin Yang. Everything changes into its opposite in an ongoing cycle of reversal. Health changes to sickness and sickness changes into health. The more you embrace Yin Yang and see your life as one continuous flow; your experiences in life will naturally reverse or begin to flow more easily.
There is an inclusive nature. Yin exists within Yang and Yang exists within Yin. Poverty contains the seeds of wealth and wealth contains the seeds for poverty and so on. If we can see wealth in poverty then we are more likely to experience wealth.
Applying Yin Yang to Your Life
What’s your Yin Yang issue? Do you have a reoccurring event or vicious cycle like finding yourself in the same type of relationship, reoccurring debt, not quite getting your body into shape or just never quite being satisfied with life?
1. Pick an issue and write it down – this is the Yin. Now write down the opposite – this is the Yang.
2. See the Yin and Yang as separate. Now visualize the Yin and Yang coming together and actually overlaying one another becoming one.
3. Feel yourself embodying the Yin and Yang with total love, acceptance and compassion.
4. Release any attachment, pain or confusion associated with the struggle you’ve had up until now and see it and feel it leave your body, yourself and your life.
5. Now write down what you want and know that it is because you’ve embraced both the Yin and Yang that you can now fulfill your desire.